download the official program book including fringe program and citymap here
Fringe ECWO 2016
20 - 22 May 2016
In 2016 the ECWO (European Championship for Wind Orchestras) will take place in Utrecht at TivoliVredenburg. During this event, ZIMIHC organizes a fringe program in the city of Utrecht from 20 May until 22 May 2016
Dress rehearsal of the Danish ECWO participant, Danish Concert Band, between 20.30 - 22.00 in "De Schakel" in Vleuten. Harmony Orchestra Vleuten has given the international contestant the opportunity to make use of their rehearsal space and their percussion instruments. Visitors are welcome to watch and the admission is free. The Norwegian ECWO participant, Christiania Blåseensemble also has a dress rehearsal between 18.00 - 21.00 hours in ZIMIHC theater Zuilen. Visitors are welcome to watch and the admission is free.
Wind musicians will be playing on the streets, in parks and on boats at the canals in the centre of Utrecht. All concerts are free and offer you a great opportunity to experience wind music from all different kind of orchestras throughout the city.
Overview of the program:
Oudegracht (sailing on boats)
- Bluzzers 12.00 - 14.00 (at the stadhuisbrug between 13.00 - 13.15)
- Brassband Amersfoort 12.30 - 14.30 (at the stadhuisbrug between 13.30 - 13.45)
- Brassband Amersfoort 14.30 - 16.30 (at the stadhuisbrug between 15.30 - 15.45)
- EMM Leersum 15.00 - 17.00 (at the stadhuisbrug between 16.00 - 16.15)
- Zuilens Fanfare Corps 10.45 - 11.30
- Hova Zembla (HOV) 12.00 - 12.45
- Bazuin Utrecht 14.00 - 14.45
- Tutti Saxi 16.20 - 17.30
Central Station Utrecht
- Bazuin Utrecht 12.00 - 13.00
- Turfstampers 13.30 - 14.15
- Saxuo 14.45 - 15.30
- Koninklijk Zeister Harmonie Muziekgezelschap 11.00 - 13.00
- Weathertown Bigband 14.30 - 16.30
Rabo Open Stage (in TivoliVredenburg)
- Koninklijke Brassband Utrecht 12.15 - 13.00
- NK Solisten 13.45 - 14.45
- Cantiamo Koor 16.00 - 16.45
Amsterdam Brass and Brass band Schoonhoven will give a concert at 16.00 in TivoliVredenburg. Both bands belong to the top brass bands in the Netherlands and are regular guests at the Dutch Brassband Championships (NBK). There will also be a solo performance by Yamaha percussionist Simone Rebello. Tickets via TivoliVredenburg.
Harmony Orchestra Vleuten will present a Play-Inn for wind musicians and percussionists between the ages of 8 and 14 years old in "De Schakel" in Vleuten. Visitors are welcome to watch and the admission is free.
More info & questions
If you have any questions about the fringe, please contact Martine Spanjers.
Follow the fringe program on Facebook or visit the website Utrecht Blaast (NL) or Utrecht Brass (ENG).